Emergency Management News
- 05/21/11 - Record Snowpacks Could Threaten Western States.
- 04/06/11 - 1984 downtown Steamboat flood serves as reminder of risk. Rain compounded snowmelt on Butcherknife Creek.
In The News
- 05/31/11 - Yampa spills over its banks in eastern Steamboat, flooding parking lot and nursery.
- 05/30/11 - Elk River reaches flood stage; runoff expected to increase this week.
- 05/27/11 - Warming expected to push Yampa River above its banks next week.
- 05/21/11 - Records breaking at upper elevations in Routt County; Buff Pass reports 16 inches new snow.
- 05/17/11 - Steamboat residents prepare for rising Yampa River. Forecasts call for steady river flows, snowmelt this week.
- 05/13/11 - Tom Ross: When the waters raged in 1984; Residents evacuated during 1984 flood.
- 05/09/11 - Water threatens Routt County roads on route to Twentymile Mine. County crews cut trench to divert rushing Foidel Creek.
- 004/26/11 - Our View: Flood danger is real; be prepared.
- 04/25/11 - Routt County Officials on watch for slides, floods caused by runoff; Road and bridge director says spring is like none in 20 years.
- 04/06/11 - 1984 downtown Steamboat flood serves as reminder of risk; Rain compounded snowmelt on Butcherknife Creek.
- 03/06/11 - Atusa Baghery and Jim Johnsen: Disaster training.