We are responsible for all internal and external banking relationships. All deposits through the county are handled through the Treasurer’s office with the exception of a portion from the Routt County Sheriff.
The TREASURER’s Office is Open To The Public BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Please call 970.870.5555 to make an appointment.
Second Payment Due Date is JUNE 15th
Property Tax Payments can be:
Routt County Treasurer
522 Lincoln Ave, Suite 22
Steamboat Springs, CO 80487
Dropped off in the GREEN Tax Payment Box located outside the Treasurer’s Office door in the old court house located at 522 Lincoln Ave in Steamboat Springs. Clearly marked "TAX PAYMENTS". Please call to make an appointment if needed 970-870-5555.
*As of March 26, 2020- For the convenience of the taxpayers of Routt County, the Treasurer’s Office is waiving the $1.00 online e-check processing fee.
For questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970.870.5555
JUNE 1, 2020
The Old Court House and Routt County Treasurer’s Office are approved to be open to the public with limited access. Please call us at 970.870.5555 to make an appointment.
APRIL 6, 2020
First half payments can be paid interest free through April 30, 2020
Sections II and III of Executive Order D 2020 012 are amended to read as follows:
1. Replace Paragraph II.H with the following: I authorize the Public Trustees of the State of Colorado to temporarily extend the deadlines up to and including April 30, 2020 in the following provisions: § 38-38-102 (concerning the deadline for recordation of a Notice of Election and Demand for sale); § 38-38-103 (concerning the deadline for mailing a Combined Notice); § 38- 38-104 (concerning the deadline for a party to file a Notice of Intent to Cure and the time within which a Trustee must mail the notice to the note holder or its attorney, and the deadline for tendering funds to cure); § 38-38-302 (concerning the deadline to tender redemption funds); and § 38-38-501 (concerning the deadline to execute and record a confirmation deed). Any action by a Public Trustee concerning these extensions should be made available on the Public Trustee’s website, electronic mail, or automated messages.
2. Replace Paragraph II.I with the following: I authorize the County Treasurers of the State of Colorado to take action to suspend or waive delinquent interest through April 30, 2020 that may accrue pursuant to the provisions of C.R.S. § 39-10-104.5 as a result of delinquent tax payments. I further authorize county treasurers to accept multiple payments from any taxpayer ahead of payment deadlines and encourage any taxpayer to make second-installment payments ahead of the June 15 deadline established in C.R.S. § 39-10-104.5(2). Any action by a Treasurer to waive delinquent interest shall be made with advance notice to any entity that imposes a mill levy within the county and shall be made available on the Treasurer’s website, electronic mail, or automated messages. This Executive Order does not authorize County Treasurers to waive delinquent interest pursuant to the provisions of C.R.S. § 39-10-104.5 that accrues after April 30, 2020.
March 23, 2020
ATTENTION SPECIAL NOTICE:
On March 20, 2020, Governor Polis issued Executive Order #D 2020 012 authorizing the County Treasurer to suspend or waive delinquent interest that may accrue pursuant to the provision of § 39-10-104.5 as a result of delinquent tax payments for the next 30 days. Therefore the first half of the 2019 property taxes may be paid without penalty interest from March 20 through April 20, 2020.
Tuesday, March 17, 2020
Dear Routt County Citizens,
The Treasurer Office will be closed to the public until further notice, effective immediately. We are monitoring and following all guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), including taking the steps necessary to reduce the threat of COVID-19 exposure to employees and the public.
- For immediate assistance with Treasurer matters, call our office at 970-870-5555 or email email@example.com.
- For Foreclosure and Public Trustee matters, call our office or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The county will restrict public access to the entire downtown campus starting Wednesday, March 18 at 8:00 a.m. to the public.
- Tax payment- While everyone is doing their best to limit exposure throughout the day, I want to remind you that germs cannot be spread when payments are made online. Payments made from home do help, please click here : https://treasurer.co.routt.co.us/treasurer/web/
- Payment can also be mailed with coupon to:
- Routt County Treasurer 522 Lincoln Ave, Suite 22 Steamboat Springs, Colorado 80487
- Dropped off in the County 24/7 ballot drop off box located in the alley behind the downtown courthouse - 522 Lincoln Ave., Steamboat Springs- Please enclose payments with coupon in an envelope, use tape to seal envelopes (do not lick) and clearly mark “TREASURER” on the outside.
- Payment can also be mailed with coupon to:
- Release of Deed of Trusts can be electronically recorded or dropped in the 24/7 ballot box located in the alley behind the downtown courthouse - 522 Lincoln Ave., Steamboat Springs.- securely enclose all documents in a sealed (seal with tape, do not lick) envelope and clearly marked “TREASURER” on the outside. Recording of documents will be processed as soon as possible.
- Mobile Home Transfers will be processed upon the county building reopening to the public.
- Foreclosure Sales will proceed as scheduled, according to state statute. Sales will take place outside at 522 Lincoln Ave. on the courthouse steps on their scheduled sale date, Wednesdays at 10:00am.
- The Treasurer’s Office will continue to process and distribute tax payments as normal.
- The treasurer’s office will be available by email at email@example.com or by telephone 970.870.5555
Despite the threat posed by COVID-19, the Treasurer’s Office is committed to serving the citizens of Routt County. I would like to thank you for your continued trust and confidence as we navigate these challenging times.
Routt County Treasurer
_______________END OF COVID-19 INFO_____________________________
Property Tax Notices are sent out the last part of January.
To receive an Electronic Tax Notice notification by email or to update your mailing address, please complete this address change form. - Click Here
The Treasurer is responsible for mailing property tax notices; collecting, appropriating and disbursing taxes to the taxing authorities; receiving and depositing all monies for Routt County; disbursing monies upon order of the Board of Commissioners; and investing all excess funds.
We manage the County’s investment portfolio in accordance with Colorado State Statutes and the Routt County Investment Policy with the focus being safety and liquidity before yield.
We offer an on-line sale of tax liens, process abatement’s and monitor bankruptcy proceedings.
Most importantly, we are here to serve you, the citizens of Routt County.
Property Taxes become due on January 1 for the previous year. Payments may be paid in two equal installments or in one full installment; partial payments are not accepted.
FIRST HALF DUE: February 28
SECOND HALF DUE: June 15
FULL PAYMENT DUE: April 30
Per State Statute, failure to receive a property tax statement does not exempt the taxpayer from timely payment of taxes. If you do not receive a tax notice by the first week of February, please contact our office. Failure of any person to receive such statement shall not preclude collection by the Treasurer of the amount of taxes due and payable. C.R.S. 39-10-103, as amended.
The 2019 Tax Roll is now certified.
Tax payments can be paid online by clicking here
All tax notices will be mailed out by the end of January.
Electronic Notification and Delivery of Tax Notices
The Colorado State General Assembly enacted legislation in 2010 allowing County Treasurers to send electronic notification to each person whose name appears on the tax list and warrant a statement or true and accurate notice of electronic statement availability, showing the total amount of taxes payable.
A taxpayer may request to receive statements and/or notification by electronic transmission. The taxpayer shall submit along with the request an electronic address to which the treasurer may send future statements. If a taxpayer subsequently requests to cease the electronic transmission of such statements and requests to receive future statements by mail, the treasurer shall comply with the written request.
Failure of a taxpayer to receive the electronic statement shall not preclude collection by the treasurer of the amount of taxes due from and payable by the taxpayer.
If you wish to participate in this program and would like to have property tax notices supplied electronically, please complete this address change form. - Click Here
For information on Redemption of a Tax Lien, please click here
Additional Information and Help
If you believe your payment was made incorrectly, or if you need more information, call the Routt County Treasurer’s Office at 970-870-5555 or email your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at the address listed on our website.
Mailing Address change- click here
We are not responsible for late fees due to payments not received if the website is down.