We are responsible for all internal and external banking relationships. All deposits through the county are handled through the Treasurer’s office with the exception of a portion from the Routt County Sheriff.
2020 Taxes (paid in 2021) are now uploaded! All tax notices will be mailed out by the end of January.
You can view your account and pay online here - Click Here
Property Tax Payments can be mailed to:
Routt County Treasurer
522 Lincoln Ave, Suite 22
Steamboat Springs, CO 80487
Dropped off in NEW Tax Payment Box adjacent to the ballot drop off box located in the alleyway behind the historic, downtown Court House at 522 Lincoln Ave or in the Green Tax Payment box outside the Treasurer’s Office door, Suite 22 In the historic, downtown Court House Clearly marked "TAX PAYMENTS".
PAY ONLINE -Click Here !! or direct Link: https://treasurer.co.routt.co.us/treasurer/treasurerweb/search.jsp
*As of March 26, 2020- For the convenience of the taxpayers of Routt County, the Treasurer’s Office is waiving the $1.00 online e-check processing fee.
For questions please
email: email@example.com or call: 970.870.5555
March 16, 2020
Dear Routt County Citizens,
The Treasurer Office will be closed to the public until further notice. We are monitoring and following all guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), including taking the steps necessary to reduce the threat of COVID-19 exposure to employees and the public.
- For immediate assistance with Treasurer matters, call our office at 970-870-5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Foreclosure and Public Trustee matters, call our office or email email@example.com
- Tax payments -
- Pay online - click here
- Payment can also be mailed with coupon to:
- Routt County Treasurer 522 Lincoln Ave, Suite 22 Steamboat Springs, Colorado 80487
- Dropped off in the 24/7 Tax Payment Drop Box located in the alley behind the downtown courthouse - 522 Lincoln Ave., Steamboat Springs- Please enclose payments with coupon in an envelope, use tape to seal envelopes.
- Release of Deed of Trusts can be electronically recorded or dropped in the 24/7 Tax Payment Drop Box located in the alley behind the downtown courthouse - 522 Lincoln Ave., Steamboat Springs.- securely enclose all documents in a sealed (seal with tape, do not lick) envelope.
- Mobile Home Transfers- Please call 970-870-5555 to process your mobile home transfer.
- Foreclosure Sales will proceed as scheduled, according to state statute. Sales will take place outside at 522 Lincoln Ave. on the courthouse steps on their scheduled sale date, Wednesdays at 10:00am.
- The Treasurer’s Office will continue to process and distribute tax payments as normal.
- The treasurer’s office will be available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 970.870.5555
Despite the threat posed by COVID-19, the Treasurer’s Office is committed to serving the citizens of Routt County. I would like to thank you for your continued trust and confidence as we navigate these challenging times.
Routt County Treasurer
_______________END OF COVID-19 INFO_____________________________
Property Tax Notices are sent out the last part of January.
PAY ONLINE- Click Here
To receive an Electronic Tax Notice notification by email or to update your mailing address, please complete this address change form. - Click Here
The Treasurer is responsible for mailing property tax notices; collecting, appropriating and disbursing taxes to the taxing authorities; receiving and depositing all monies for Routt County; disbursing monies upon order of the Board of Commissioners; and investing all excess funds.
We manage the County’s investment portfolio in accordance with Colorado State Statutes and the Routt County Investment Policy with the focus being safety and liquidity before yield.
We offer an on-line sale of tax liens, process abatement’s and monitor bankruptcy proceedings.
Most importantly, we are here to serve you, the citizens of Routt County.
Property Taxes become due on January 1 for the previous year. Payments may be paid in two equal installments or in one full installment; partial payments are not accepted.
FIRST HALF DUE: February 28
SECOND HALF DUE: June 15
FULL PAYMENT DUE: April 30
Per State Statute, failure to receive a property tax statement does not exempt the taxpayer from timely payment of taxes. If you do not receive a tax notice by the first week of February, please contact our office. Failure of any person to receive such statement shall not preclude collection by the Treasurer of the amount of taxes due and payable. C.R.S. 39-10-103, as amended.
Electronic Notification and Delivery of Tax Notices
The Colorado State General Assembly enacted legislation in 2010 allowing County Treasurers to send electronic notification to each person whose name appears on the tax list and warrant a statement or true and accurate notice of electronic statement availability, showing the total amount of taxes payable.
A taxpayer may request to receive statements and/or notification by electronic transmission. The taxpayer shall submit along with the request an electronic address to which the treasurer may send future statements. If a taxpayer subsequently requests to cease the electronic transmission of such statements and requests to receive future statements by mail, the treasurer shall comply with the written request.
Failure of a taxpayer to receive the electronic statement shall not preclude collection by the treasurer of the amount of taxes due from and payable by the taxpayer.
If you wish to participate in this program and would like to have property tax notices supplied electronically, please complete this address change form. - Click Here
For information on Redemption of a Tax Lien, please click here
Additional Information and Help
If you believe your payment was made incorrectly, or if you need more information, call the Routt County Treasurer’s Office at 970-870-5555 or email your inquiry to email@example.com or write us at the address listed on our website.
Mailing Address change- click here
We are not responsible for late fees due to payments not received if the website is down.
Please note: After September 1st, NO PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED. All payments must now be made in certified funds (cash, cashier's check, money order) and are accepted in person at:
Routt County Treasurer's Office
522 Lincoln Avenue, Suite 22 in Steamboat Springs
(old downtown court house on 5th Street).
Online payments will be unavailable beginning
September 1, 2021 through the end of the year.