Doug was re-elected as County Commissioner in November 2016 and sworn into office on Jan. 10, 2017.
Commissioner Monger is a Fourth Generation Routt County Native. The George Johnson family homesteaded the familiar Saddle Mountain Ranch in the early 1890’s. George Johnson also served as a Routt County Justice of the Peace during Routt County’s early years.
Doug, the fourth of five children, was raised on the family ranch located two miles up the Elk River from the confluence with the Yampa River. He graduated from Steamboat Springs High School in 1974, after being active in football, wrestling, 4-H, and Student Government. In 1978, Doug graduated from the University of Northern Colorado with a Bachelor of Science in Finance and Accounting.
|Douglas B. Monger, Chair|
- Town of Hayden Finance Manager, 8 years
- Office/Credit Manager for local building material center, 8 years
- Lifelong Rancher
- Horse Racing Trainer, 6 years
- Private accounting practice, 25 years
Past Boards and Committees
- Upper Yampa Water Conservancy
- Routt County Purchase of Development Rights Board
- Routt County Open Lands Committee
- Routt County Democratic Central Committee
- Rocky Mountain quarter Horse Association Board of Directors
- Director of Steamboat Jackpot Rodeo
He serves on the Colorado Counties Inc. Land Use, Rural Affairs, Public Lands Steering Committees, and also serves on the Special Water Resources Subcommittee. During 2003, Doug served as the Chair of the Routt County Commissioners, as well as the Western District of Colorado Counties, Inc. Doug also serves on the Yampa River Legacy Committee, Yampa River Basin Partnership, and serves as the Chair for the Steamboat Springs Area Community Planning Committee.