ROUTT COUNTY VENDOR HANDBOOK
How-to Information for Vendors
Welcome Vendors! Routt County is seeking new suppliers to expand our relationships with our current vendors. The mission of the Routt County Purchasing Department is to economically procure needed materials, supplies, equipment and services by conducting fair and open competition within Federal, State and County Statutes.
This guide is not intended and should not be relied upon, to be a complete statement of all legal requirements applicable to Routt County Contracts. Both Routt County and vendors must at all times be guided by the applicable requirements of law notwithstanding anything contained in this guide.
All purchases are made through a competitive system of formal and informal bidding which awards contracts to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder (the company or individual who meets all of the specifications, terms and conditions of the bid).
HOW DO I BID ON ROUTT COUNTY CONTRACTS:
- Register with the County
- Obtain bid documents at Routt County Bids
- Follow instructions on the bid page
- Submit bid utilizing the date/time and address provided in the RFP/IFB instructions.
Specifications are detailed descriptions of the intended purchase, establishing the minimum acceptable standards. These are included as a part of the bid document. Proposers with questions, concerns or objections regarding the specifications may contact the person indicated on the solicitation. Routt County requires that questions concerning the interpretations of plans, specifications, or the bid document be made in writing to the Purchasing Department before the deadline to submit questions as described in the solicitation. Responses to questions or clarifications shall be made in writing in the form of addenda and will be made available to all potential proposers. These changes shall become part of the solicitation and must be signed and returned by each proposer.
HOW ARE AWARDS MADE:
- Routt County will evaluate all proposals received.
- Purchasing Department will ensure all documents are provided and complete, check references and local preference eligibility.
- User Department will ensure specification requirements are met.
- Board of County Commissioners (BCC) approval required for amounts >$20,000.00
- Proposer who is successful in winning the bid shall be notified of approval by the BCC through the Purchasing Agent.
- Bid Tabulations for all accepted bids will be posted on the Routt County website on the “closed” bids upon approval from BCC.
All formal solicitations issued by the Routt County Purchasing Department are advertised in the Steamboat Pilot/Today Sunday Legal Notices and also accessible through the Routt County Website, Purchasing Department.
PROCUREMENT THRESHOLDS FOR SECURING BIDS:
Procurement Method and Amount
RFQ of Purchases <$20,000.00
RFP, IFB or RFQ of Purchases >$20,000.00
Approval of purchase orders or contract >$20,000.00
Board of County Commissioners
Proposers interested in disputing a solicitation or award of bid may protest Routt County’s decision. Routt County’s protest policy is summarized below:
- Proposer must file written protest to the Purchasing Department within seven (7) working days of the bid release or award posting.
- Purchasing Agent and County Manager will respond in writing with a determination within 7 days.
- Proposer may appeal and request to appear to the Board of County Commissioners within 7 working days.
- Within fourteen (14) working days, the Board of County Commissioners shall render a decision or state the time frame for protest review.
- Decision of Board of County Commissioners is final.
REJECTION OF BID:
Routt County reserves the right to reject any or all bids.
All purchases greater than $20,000.00 require the Board of County Commissioners approval.
Routt County is exempt from all Federal Excise and State Sales Taxes. Exemption certificates can be found on the Routt County website or through the Purchasing Department.
Payments are approved by the user departments. Invoices, unless otherwise indicated, must show purchase order numbers and shall be submitted to the Project Manager.