PUBLIC NOTICE REGARDING COVID-19
The Assessor’s Office is open to the public BY APPOINTMENT ONLY (as of June 1, 2020)
We are monitoring and following all guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), including taking the steps necessary to reduce the threat of COVID-19 exposure to employees and public.
- The Assessor's Office is open by appointment only. Please call the office at 970-870-5544 in advance to set an appointment with a specific employee or to visit the office for research purposes. Appointments with a specific employee will be arranged through that employee, either by email or phone. Only two customers (per office) are allowed inside the Assessor's admin office and Appraisal office at any given time. The customer will complete the Visitor Log spreadsheet for contact tracing.
- The Assessor Staff will meet the visiting public at the east door (alley) and escort them to the appropriate office. Staff will escort customers in and out of the building.
- All customers should continue to email, fax or mail documents DO NOT USE THE ELECTIONS' BALLOT BOX. Most all needed assessor forms are available for download from the Assessor's Office Website. Public inquires for such forms will be directed to the website. In-person visits for such forms will be discouraged. Staff can assist by emailing form requests as well. Group Meetings: Abatement and County Board of Equalization. At this time and for the foreseeable future, any an all formal appeal hearing swill be done through Zoom Meetings.
For immediate assistance with Assessor matters:
- Call 970-870-5544
- Fax 970-870-5461
- Email: email@example.com
Forms/Applications/Information due to the Assessor:
• Asset Declarations – Due JUNE 15, 2020 - Due date extended per Gov. Polis Executive Order 4/2/2020
• Veteran Exemption Applications – Due July 1, 2020
• Senior Exemption Applications – Due July 15, 2020
• Proof of Agricultural Use – Due ASAP
Please submit via:
➢ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
➢ Mail: Routt County Assessor
522 Lincoln Ave., Suite 10
Steamboat Springs, Colorado 80487
➢ Fax: 970-870-5461
➢ DO NOT DROP OFF IN BALLOT BOX. Please mail, email or fax. The office is closed for walk-in business. Please call to arrange drop off. 970-870-5544.