Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Stage 1 fire restrictions went into effect on Friday, June 29th for the unincorporated portions of Routt County and shall remain in force until rescinded.
STAGE ONE RESTRICTIONS:
The following acts are prohibited on all private and state owned lands outside of municipal boundaries. This does not affect federal lands within Routt County.
1. Building, maintaining, attending or using any fire to burn trash, debris, fence rows, irrigation ditches or vegetation, any campfire, warming fire, charcoal grill, except in designated campgrounds, picnic areas or developed recreational sites.
2. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreational site, or while stopped in an area of at least (3) feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable material.
3. Operating a chainsaw without a USDA or SAE approved spark arresting device (muffler) properly installed and in effective working order, and a chemical pressurized fire extinguisher of not less than eight (8) ounce capacity by weight, and one (1) round pointed shovel with an overall length of at least 36 inches. The extinguisher will be with the chainsaw operator. The shovel may be kept with the fueling supplies but readily available for quick use.
4. Welding or operating acetylene or other torch with open flame; except within an area that is barren or cleared of all flammable material at least 10 feet on all sides from the equipment.
5. Using explosives requiring fuses or blasting caps.
Fine Schedule and Penalty Assessment Procedure:
Any person who violates this order commits a class 2 petty offense and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by a fine of not more than six hundred dollars ($600) for each separate offense. However, the following fine schedule shall apply:
First Offense Not more than $100
Second Offense Not more than $200
Third or Subsequent Offense The maximum fine permitted by law – $1,000 as of March 31, 2013
The penalty assessment procedure provided for in Section 16-2-201, C.R.S. may be followed by any law enforcement officer issuing a citation or making an arrest for a violation of this ordinance.
Stage 1 Fire Restriction Declaration - June 26, 2018
Routt County Fire Restriction Plan - Ordinance 2013-2