Renewing a vehicle registered in Colorado
Please note that the timely renewal of your registration is still your responsibility!
- Courtesy renewal forms are mailed out the first business day of the renewal month
- Make sure you still own this vehicle
- Include proof of insurance if it is noted on your post card renewal notice
- Provide us with your new physical and mailing addresses if they have changed
- Your new stickers will be mailed to you within one week of receipt of your check
- If you moved to another county, contact that county for your renewal fee
- Make your check payable to Routt County Clerk and reference your license plate(s) number on the check
- Late charge assessed on renewals received after 30 day grace period
- State law requires vehicles to be currently registered whether the vehicle is used or not
You can renew vehicle registration online on the State of Colorado's website.