Mission, Vision, Goals
To provide 911 services and public safety radio communications with a professional, courteous and well trained staff that consistently does the right thing at the right time for the right reason.
In furtherance of our mission, we are committed to:
- Continuous improvement through professional development.
- The highest standards of integrity and customer service.
- Accountability for performance and conduct.
To serve and support the public safety communications needs of our stakeholders in the most efficient and responsive manner possible.
General Goals and Objectives
- Manage the fiscal, capital, information and personnel resources with efficiency.
- Retain appropriate staff for department operations.
- Educate stakeholders by enhancing Public Education and involvement in the community.
- Continue assessment of data evaluation program and provide monthly dashboard reports to stakeholders.
- Continue review of the Communications Center's Standard Operating Procedure/ Standard Operating Guidelines (Operations Manual), update as necessary.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the stakeholders that we serve.
- Provide a pleasant and efficient work environment.
- Promptly respond to calls for service and other stakeholder needs.
- Promote consistency in all processes.
- Ensure compliance with National/Industry Standards: NFPA 1221 and NENA Call Answering Standard/Model Recommendation.
- Continue to provide both hands on and classroom environment training to ensure proficiency of all communications personnel.
- Constantly explore technological advances.
- Upgrade systems and equipment necessary to enhance the services that we provide.
- Explore partnerships related to technology and other organizational needs.
- Continue communications site operations and maintenance program.