Moving a Mobile/Manufactured Home

Moving procedures:

Notify the County Assessor. The Assessor will collect the information needed so the Treasurer's Office can issue an Tax Authentication Form and moving permit. A fee of $10.00 is due and payable to the Treasurer.

  • If the home is remaining in Routt County, taxes must be paid in full for the current year.
  • Contact Routt County Planning and Building Departments prior to moving manufactured home.
  • If the home is moving out of the county, but staying in the state, current and prepaid taxes for next year must be paid with cash or certified funds.
  • If the home is leaving the state, ALL taxes, (current and prorated), must be paid with cash or certified funds.
  • If the home is moved outside of Routt County, you must provide the new County Treasurer and Assessor with the new location of the mobile home and your mailing address within 20 days of your arrival. The new County Assessor will prorate the value of the mobile home for the amount of time the mobile home will be in the new county.
  • If a mobile/manufactured home is destroyed, all taxes, current and prorated tax amount to the day it is destroyed, must be paid with cash or certified funds.


  • Any mobile home owner or mover who moves a mobile home and fails to notify the County Treasurer and County Assessor, shall be punished by a fine of not less than $100 nor more than $1,000.
  • The fine for multiple use of a moving permit or prorated tax receipt is $350.
  • The County Treasurer in the current location and/or new location of the mobile home may enforce collection of any fine imposed for an illegal move.