American Rescue Plan Community Survey Released
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, CO, September 30, 2021 – Routt County released a survey today asking for community input on how the $4.9 million from the federal government should be spent.
The federal government's Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds provide a substantial infusion of resources to help turn the tide on the pandemic, address its economic fallout, and lay the foundation for a strong and equitable recovery. Routt County will receive $4.9 million dollars in funding.
The funds are restricted to these following areas:
• Water and Sewer Infrastructure: Make necessary investments to improve access to clean drinking water and invest in wastewater and stormwater infrastructure
• Broadband Infrastructure: Make necessary investments to provide unserved or underserved locations with new or expanded broadband access
• Support Public Health Response: Fund COVID-19 mitigation efforts, medical expenses, behavioral healthcare, and certain public health and safety staff
• Address Negative Economic Impacts: Respond to economic harms to workers, families, small businesses, impacted industries, and the public sector
• Premium Pay for Essential Workers: Offer additional support to those who have and will bear the greatest health risks because of their service in critical infrastructure sectors
• Replace Public Sector Revenue Loss: Use funds to provide government services to the extent of the reduction in revenue experienced due to the pandemic
Survey response are due by October 22nd. Check out the survey here.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org ###