Are there restrictions on my land?
All land within unincorporated Routt County falls within one of 14 zone districts. Each district has a list of permitted uses and uses that are allowed by permit when approved by the planning director, Planning Commission, or Board of County Commissioners. Each district also has development restrictions such as minimum lot area and frontage, minimum setbacks from property lines, and maximum structure height. In addition to zone district standards, there may be other restrictions that apply to your property, such as waterbody setbacks, floodplain standards, and skyline height restrictions. For detailed information, go to our Regulations section of our website. You may also contact a planner by calling (970) 879-2704. Please note that in many cases, subdivision covenants may further restrict your property; however such restrictions are not monitored or enforced by Routt County.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get involved in my community?
2. Can I have a greenhouse on my property?
3. What is the zoning of my property?
4. Can I have a secondary dwelling unit on my property?
5. Are there restrictions on my land?